Tuesday, February 15, 2022

About Those Federal Law Enforcement Agencies: United States vs. Canada (Not Required)

In class I mentioned that the U.S. has a lot more federal law enforcement in the hands of the central government than Canada does.

How to compare them? I have no idea ...

But I did look it up on Wikipedia! And while there are many agencies large and small, for the U.S. the list runs to 9.5 pages on my browser and screen. For Canada, the list runs to 16 lines on a single page. One could also reasonably expect that because the U.S. has 9 times Canada's population, each of those agencies has more staff.

So I think it is fair to assume that part of the paralysis in Canada is because the demonstrations are aimed at the federal government, and it's just not that strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment