Saturday, August 1, 2020

How'd the K-12 School Opening Go?


They had a positive test result by mid-morning, and directed a bunch of exposed students to quarantine at home for 2 weeks.

Sounds like the MLB. For those reading this in the future, it's not clear how the MLB season will turn out, but right now they've completed 54 games in the AL, and 50 games in the NL. It's kind of hard to count the number of postponed games, because some they've tried to play, some have been postponed more than once, some future ones have been postponed, and so on. The best number I've seen is about 20. And the MLB Commissioner has indicated the season might have to be called off this week.

*********************************

I want this to be over.

I want life to get back to normal.

But that isn't happening yet, and no one should be surprised.

I do get that kids need to be in school, and parents need them occupied. And I get that the MLB has to have games to be financially viable.

But I wonder if we need to invent a new word here. I call it epidemiologically-retarded. All we are to the virus is a target. Just because it's small, and not as smart as us, doesn't keep us from being prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment