Sunday, April 5, 2020

The U.S. Has Been Lying Too

The New York Times, in a piece entitled "Official Counts Understate the U.S. Coronavirus Death Toll" † notes that many county coroners across the country have noticed upticks in the number of pneumonia deaths going back almost 3 months. However, unlike most pieces from the NYT, this seems to be mostly anecdotal evidence rather than data.

FWIW: Not sure how many of you recall, but I had to keep my phone on in class in late January because my wife was ill at home with pneumonia and breathing difficulties. She'd had an odd feeling infection hit her on January 10th.

† Do note that if you can't find an ungated copy of this article, that the NYT makes available all of its COVID-19 reporting for free if you register.

N.B. I'm posting this in fairness to China and Italy. I'm an equal opportunity disrespecter of government data.

No comments:

Post a Comment